Safety Wise Advice Services was established by Geraldine McGovern and has achieved a reputation for consistently delivering advice and guidance which is both informative and can be practically implemented. Geraldine is a Chartered Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) and is a Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner. She is also an Internationally Registered Certificated Auditor in Occupational Health and Safety.
Safety Wise Advice Services is experienced in managing Health and Safety in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland in Construction & Civil Engineering, Telecommunications, Wind Farms, Retail, Hospitality, Service Industries, Manufacturing, Medical/Healthcare and Public Sectors and Office environments. Further background information and details of services provided can be viewed on these Website pages.
Geraldine is also the Secretary of the IOSH North West District of Ireland Committee which works to raise awareness of health and safety in Counties Sligo, Leitrim, Donegal, Mayo, Longford, Westmeath, Cavan and Monaghan.
Safety Wise Advice Services specialise in providing health and safety guidance and training to Micro, Small, Medium and Large Companies and can tailor packages according to the needs of the Business taking into account the size and nature of the Business. The “One Man Band” right up to Multi National Corporations are catered for.
Health and Safety management in the Workplace is becoming increasingly important and vital to the survival of any business in today’s economic Climate. Reasons for Managing Health and Safety in the workplace include:
- Avoidance of injury to persons and/or damage to property.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations for both the Employer and the Employee. Recent Legislation has introduced the possibility of heavy fines and potential imprisonment for Company Directors in the event of a prosecution.
- The outcome of failing to manage health and safety in a Business can result in increased Insurance Premiums, loss of income, reduced productivity, ill health among Employees, low staff morale and increased staff turnover.
Safety Wise Advice Services can empower you to manage health and safety in your business by
- providing expert advice, guidance and assistance in preparing, implementing and reviewing your safety management system.
- If so desired, this system can be based on the requirements of an Internationally Recognised Standards such as OHSAS 18001:2007 thus enabling your Business to become even more competitive in today’s market.
Safety Wise Advice Services take pride in providing a personal commitment to Businesses to provide a Confidential and Professional Service to existing and future Clients.
Safety Wise Advice Services Mission Statement
We aim to deliver a professional high quality service to each of our Clients in a manner specific and personal to the needs of each person involved in that organisation.Advice, guidance and training will be delivered in a practical, easy to understand format in order to empower the individual to use the skills he/she has obtained in order to safeguard their own safety, health and welfare at work and that of those affected by their acts or omissions.