Do you need guidance on how to implement safe working procedures against the Coronavirus-Covid 19 virus?
Here are some practical steps that you can take:
- Visit this link at the Department of Health website to download the "Return to Work Safety Protocol" document. https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/22829a-return-to-work-safely-protocol/
- Contact your own Industry Specific membership body e.g. CIF, Failte Ireland, the Small Firms Association etc or visit their website for information specific to your business on how to reopen.
- Visit the HSA website at this link https://www.hsa.ie/eng/topics/covid-19/covid-19_coronavirus.html for additional advice and guidance on dealing with the virus in the workplace.
- Gather all of the information and facts together.
- Decide what is possible for your business, can all of the control measures required be implemented?
- Prepare a Covid 19 Policy, prepare a written account of the procedures that your business will implement in order to avoid the spread of the virus, and what measures will be taken should a person become infected and/or display symptoms.
- Communicate this Policy to all of the persons who are affected by your workplace activities e.g. Employees, members of the public, customers, subcontractors, delivery personnel, visitors etc
- Display your Covid 19 Policy in a prominenet place.
- Display Information posters on guidelines and/or rules that must be obeyed in relation to the virus whilst on your company premises or while working on behalf of your company.
- Revisit your HR Procedures. They may need updating on the new rules in the workplace regarding the Covid 19 virus.
- Keep up to date on a daily basis with any new restrictions/information/guidelines issued by the Department of Health.